Monday 24 January 2011

Masculine Birthday

You'll notice, over time, that I make more masculine cards than pretty, fancy ones. We have four boys and I do homecare for War Veterans so... there you have it in a nutshell!
I LOVE my new Stampscapes stamps!! The main image was sponged on glossy photo paper using Adirondak Dye Pad Inks. I started with Aqua all over and then started blending in Pool and Stream, adding layers of each until I acheived the depth and look I wanted! The main stamp is Prickly Branch from Stampscapes and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up!, both stamped with Archival Black.
The card stock itself is Kraft and the mottled cardstock background is unknown but from a large pack I purchased at Costco a few years ago. I finished it off with just a couple of brads from Michael's.
I'm sorry now that I didn't take a picture of the other card which is a mate to this one except for the sentiment was Get Well Soom. After many botched attempts at finding the right opaque white accent pen (Uniball Craft Pen - White) I added snow to many of the branches and random sized snowflakes falling from the sky... It turned out awesome!
Hope you like it and thanks for looking!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Sheree love this card, have these stamps or ones very similar some of the Elusive Image Meadow ones are rather like, and have prickly branches. really like this simple idea, Shaz in oz.x