Monday 24 January 2011

Season's Greetings

This card is so much cuter in real life. The picture doesn't do it justice at all. I learned how to do the weave at the top in a class last December. I was surprised at how easy it really was to do and will be incorporating it into designs in the future.
The medallions are Spellbinders Fleur de lis and are popped up with the center medallion raised a bit higher.
I found some awesome precut cards that were clearing out at She Runs With Scissors in Campbell River. After cutting them down a bit and adding the weave I inserted a pearlized cardstock underneath. This off- white is also used as the top strip under the medallions.
After adding the bling I decided it was finished and ready to go! This card has also been done with the same off-white cardstock underneath and the top layer was a metallic dark teal green. The green version is the more stunning of the two but... I sent it away before taking a picture!
Hope you like it and thanks for looking!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Sheree went hunting through your blog and came up with this card and the one above which i really like too know what might do a CAS or two and link it over IF I post it - confession time dont post all my cards - never have time to do it.. maybe one day will be more organised but not holding my breath, mind you seem to be great on the multi tasking! Shaz in Oz.x