Monday 28 March 2011

Lightening Struck This Time!

Happy Monday Evening!! While cooking dinner tonight I pictured a brayered background with Stampscapes stamps. It seems that I get all these ideas when I'm doing something else, (that I should really be paying attention to), and have to race off to my little piece of heaven (disaster) room to try and make my idea come to life. I'm pleased with what I came up with tonight. The image is the same but the layout is different than I had pictured! Are there boo-boo's?? You bet! When I sprayed the spray laquer, some of the black ink ran. Thank goodness for bows! There isn't really a recipe for what I've done. I brayer'd glossy cardstock with Adirondack Dye Inks in: Willow, Citrus & Meadow. There is only one Stampscapes scene stamp used and it's Prickly Branch. This is one stamp that I use quite regularily in my scenes but you would only recognize the tips used as filler in the foreground. The other Stampscapes stamp is the sentiment. Kevin has sheets of wonderful earthy sentiments that I'll be using more often. The dragonfly is from Gellatins and I've used Lime Green Stickles to make it look a little more lively! It's too bad that it doesn't really show. The branches have been accented with a Jelly Roll 'Star' pen. If it's tilted it shows the platinum accents. The wide satin ribbon is from WalMart and I used my 'Bow Easy' to tie it. That little piece of plastic makes it so much easier for arthritic hands. Background papers are from my stash but if I remember correctly, the mottled green is from a huge package I bought at Costco one year ago.

I tried to show you the Lime Green Stickles and the Platinum Jelly Roll pen highlights.  Some of the stickles show but I don't think you can see the others.  
Thanks for looking!

Crafty Purple Frog Challenge - Going Green

11 comments:

Priyanka said...

u r just fabulous friend, how u make simple thing to fabulous have to teach from you,awesome color awesome image.

And a big hug for your comment on my store post, its warm my hearts.

Hugs

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

beautiful!
thanks for joinin us at TCPF, please link us in your post to be eligible for the prize :)

Sherri said...

Beautiful card as always. And I have used bows to cover boo boo's many times myself! Sometimes they even made my card better!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Looks like I am going to have to bring out my brayer. This is a wonderful card and I love the sentiment. And that's what bows are for, right?

tiffany said...

this is a gorgeous card!! =)Tiffany
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Sara I. said...

Fabulous work! Love the greens you went with and that gorgeous ribbon!! You really made the image pop here - so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Anything nature I just love, stunning card.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful and unique, thanks for sharing!

hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/03/april-kit-preview-day.html

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really pretty and I love your bow, haven't tried double loops myself yet! Hugs, Karen

Victoria said...

Looks Great Sheree! Glad to see you got your brayer working!

Jennifer said...

this is gorgeous! Let that lightning strike on!!!!