Sunday 10 April 2011

Stampscapes - Same But Different!



Here it is Sunday evening already! Another six day work week ahead and thought I'd play a bit to take my mind off it!
I received my new Stampscapes stamps late Thursday and spent a few minutes here and there on Friday and Saturday mounting them. So.. here is a new scene I've done using some of the new ones! I'll be practicing with them on paper for a while trying to get the depth right with stamp placement so that the deer don't look like they are Herculean!! In future scenes you will also notice that I finally have the fly fisherman that is knee deep in water so that I won't make the mistake of having one walk on water again! There's only one person that ever lived that's able to do that! haha!
I'll be showing you three scenes tonight. Each one is placed similar and coloured similar but, these will show you that no matter how you try.... each one will turn out different! I've also mounted the three on different backgrounds that will bring out certain colours in each one.

Number One is the picture up top!  (Like you wouldn't have known!)  The background paper is sort of a sage green and I distressed the edges with Crushed Olive and Frayed Burlap.  The mountains in this one are done in Frayed Burlap Distress and Distress Walnut.  I'm trying different colour combinations to see what looks best.  Trouble is that I like them all!  And... I really like how the water turned out as well!

Number Two:
This second card doesn't have the fisherman in it.  I was going to put a doe in the field but she was a bit too large and would have looked funny.   The mountains in this shot are done with Distress Frayed Burlap, Distress Walnut and then highlighted at the bottom with Memento Cantalope.  The shadows in front of the fir trees is done with Adirondack Black.  Cantalope highighted the grass here and there as well.  The background paper for this one is a mottled tan which I put through the Cuttlebug using the bark folder.  Because these cards are all 5 X 7 I had to put the paper through the CB twice, laying the folder down using the full width of the CB.  Once it was embossed I took the Distress Frayed Burlap and rubbed it back and forth over the embossing until I got the look I wanted.

Number Three!! 
This shot shows the mountians inked first with Distress Frayed Burlap, then Distress Walnut and finally with Memento London Fog.  I like the way they look with less snow and more of a grey granite look.  The base of the mountains looks bright in the photo but it really isn't that bright!  I sponged on Frayed Burlap and then Memento Cantalope to lighten the dark base.
The background paper was a piece I had in my trimmings and the edges were distressed with Crushed Olive and Walnut.
 
Now.....  Here's the list of stamps I used for all three!
 
Stampscapes Nature Sheet #1
Rocks in water, Country stream large, Grass, Log in water
031A - Fisherman
243A - Fir Row
251C - Sedge Filler
295C - Lilly Grass
302A - Gulls
301A - Rocks and Grass
211C - Rocky Peaks Small (I'll have to double check that one!  I think it's bigger!)
 
Inks used:
Adirondack
Willow, Lemonade, Meadow, Aqua, Stonewashed, Black
Distress -
Frayed Burlap, Weathered Wood, Crushed Olive, Walnut
Memento -
Cantalope, Cottage Ivy
 
I'll write more directions in the morning.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
 
 



8 comments:

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Wonderful, wonderful! this looks just like a photo. You have great vision, and it appears you love nature.

Anonymous said...

What a stunning card, just fabulous!

:) Lori m

Jean said...

Saw these on SCS but they are so wonderful, I have never tried a stampscape but you make me want to. You did a fabulous job on them Sheree!

NancyD said...

Sheree, I think I like number 3 best because it seems a bit brighter, but number 1 is cool too because it is more dramatic. I like number 2 as well, it seems like a brisk fall morning. Well, that does it - I like them all.

Wonderful work Sheree!
Nancy

Sherri said...

I had a hard time trying to decide which I liked best. All three are amazing, but I think #3 is my favorite. You have such a talent for doing these that you can almost imagine yourself part of the picture!

Roxann said...

Theses just exude gorgeousness! Love them, all.

Victoria said...

Great job, Sheree. #2 is my fav.

crafts2do4fun said...

Had a look around your Blog and Love the scenes, all three are awesome, my favorite is #1, you do great work.
Your cards are super as well.

Tina
http://crafts2do4fun.blogspot.com/