Sunday 22 May 2011

Stampscape - Brayer

Good Evening Friends!
I started this card last night but wasn't sure how to frame the scene so left it until today.  This layout should fit into the sketch challenge at The Outlawz!
Once again I've used my Speedball brayer and another Ranger Big and Juicy ink pad that I bought a while ago.  When I first tried this pad I was new to brayering and using deep colours so after my horrendous first try I put it away for a while.  This time I think I hit the nail on the head!
When brayering this scene I used three colours on the top half and then turned the paper around and used the same three on the lower half.  Everything was just toooo balanced so I cut off some of the top when I finished the scene.
To get the cabin at the right spot I used my clear block that has white lines on it as guides.  I lined up the water line to the white line and then was able to stamp right in the middle where the blues meet.  Just prior to stamping I wondered how embossing the images would turn out and voila!  Not too shabby!  So after stamping in black I used a very fine embossing powder in clear.  The trees and finally the geese were stamped and embossed as well.  Here's a closer look for you..
Lastly I used my Jellyroll Star pen in platinum to highlight the cabin windows, water and trees where the moonlight would hit.  This made them stand out a little bit more. 
Once everything was done I sprayed the scene with Krylon Acrylic crystal clear spray to keep the colours from fading.
Stamps used:
023A       Duck trio in flight  (I have to order a new one because my puppy chewed
               mine!)
147F       Lakeside cabin
196F       Pine tree
222F       Twisting pine
Paper:      Glossy white, Coresentials, Stampin' Up!
Ink:         Archival black, Ranger Big and Juicy Hydrangea
Ribbon:   Sheer black - WalMart
Punch:      Martha Stewart photo corner
Pen:         Jellyroll Star - Platinum
Pop dots
Challenges:
Note:  This card is approximately 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 inches
Thanks for looking!
Hugs,
Sheree

12 comments:

Gail said...

Beautiful!
One can hope!
I'm really liking these, as if I don't have enough'STUFF'!

Sheree said...

Haha! Love it Gail! I am now finding that one never has enough stuff! Gawd help me if I ever have to move again!!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow! Your scene is stunning! I just love the feeling you have created here, with the moonlight glistening on the scene, and the beautiful blues and purples. Thanks for playing along at Gingersnap Creations! (now I want to go to that cabin!..... :)

ahlers5 said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Makes me want to try my vrayer again.

Myrna said...

Sheree
You are truly one talented lady. I just feel like I am standing on the other shore looking at this fab scene.
Love your Stampscapes. Gail got me hooked on your site and I passed it to my friend Beth.
Myrna

Beth Norman said...

Beautifully done. I see where you cut off some of the top and the end result is nice. Your white pen adds the perfect touch.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question about your paper. I use glossy too and wondered what you used because I wasn't aware that I could sponge on colours like you do with your stylus.

Sherri said...

I don't know how you manage to get your stampscapes to look so realistic! Just awesome!

Kelly G said...

I found you on Outlawz. I think this may be the MOST gorgeous card I have ever seen! Just perfection!!

Sara I. said...

What a work of art! Love all the gorgeous shades of blue. Perfection!

Erum Tasneem said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Smriti said...

Wow! You are the queen of brayer :) The card is gorgeous!!! Love those shades of blue and violet and all the details that you added - the shadows, the windows, etc.

Victoria said...

Great scene, Sheree. I would say you have the hang of brayering!