Tuesday 25 October 2011

Distressed Christmas (The ink kind!!)

Hi Everyone!

The title almost sounds like I'm sending out an SOS! 
This card was fun to make and I played and learned at the same time.  I started with cream paper and first stamped the background stamp in Distress Walnut.  After the stamp was covered in ink I dabbed a paper towel here and there to create blotches.  The next step was to distress the paper and use my deckled scissors to jag the edge.  Once again it was distress on the front and back of the cut edges.  Looked pretty neat so sprayed some Smooch to give it a hint of glisten.
The rest of the card was easy and the longest part was playing with the layout so everything would fit!  It looks sooooo much better IRL!  The corners are actually squared but don't look it because of my fab photography skills again!

Here's the recipe

Stamps - Greeting - Unknown; Background Stampendous?  (Help Victoria!)
Inks - Distress Frayed Burlap, Walnut; Stampin' Up! Bravo Burgandy
Pointsettia (one from an old container I picked up from Michaels a couple of years ago.)
Pop dots
Smooch

Thanks for looking!

Hugs,
Sheree

6 comments:

Donna Heber said...

It is gorgeous Sheree! I love all the distressing and the musical background stamp.

NancyD said...

Very cool! I like the effect. Glad to see your back in action. NancyD

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, I love this.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Sheree this is really lovely - and have posted my students calligraphy too if you want to check out their final work, love and God bless,
Shaz.x

Karen Howard said...

Hi Sheree, lovely distressed card!!! This is really gorgeous for Christmas and will make someone day! Hugs, Karen

Sarn said...

Super distressy Christmas card. Lovely!

xxx