Thursday 3 January 2013

Oh Valentine!

Good Evening Girlz!

I know.. We just entered into a new year and I am talking Valentines!  (Speaking of new year.. I just noticed my watermark still says 2012..oops!!)  The one I am posting tonight was fun to make.  If you want me to do a picture tutorial of the glossy parts just leave a comment below.  I have been playing around with distressing and this idea popped into my head so I headed off to the rubber room to  play with paper, ink and loads of embossing powder!!



 I started by cutting out the hearts using my Cricut and the Sweetheart cartridge.  The main white hearts were set at 5 1/2 inches.  Two were cut using the main scallop shape and two using the shadow option.  I embossed one scallop with Swiss dots and left the other hearts plain.  Using tape, join one scallop to each of the shadow cut hearts. 

 
The hearts were joined together by scoring the back hearts at approximately 1/2 inch.  Tape the back to the front and now start to decorate!
 
For the front I cut the  same heart using the shadow option at 3 1/2 inches.  I cant exactly remember if it was that or 3 3/4 inches.  Eeghad! 
 
I distressed the larger coloured heart using Distress inks and embossing powder.  Before embossing I used the Hero Arts music backgrund stamp and Walnut Stain ink for fun. 
 
The heart lock is also from the Sweetheart cartridge.  I cut that at 2 1/2 inches and distressed the red heart layer and embossed the heck out of it as well.  It is hard to show how dimensional everything looks in photos so trust me when I say everything really does look better in real life!!
 
 
I punched two holes to feed the black ribbon through.  The skeleton key on the inside was cut from a Tim Holtz die and distressed to look like wrought iron.
 
 
 
The sentiment inside was done on the computer and cut out.
 
 
There you have it!
 
Hereès the recipe...
 
Stamps - Hero Arts music background
Inks - Distress Walnut Stain, Fired Brick, Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey, Festive Brrries
Ranger clear embossing powder
Cricut - Sweethearts
Cuttlebug
Ribbon - Unknown from stash
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Hugz..
Sheree
 

5 comments:

Penny said...

Wow, what a gorgeous creation, Sheree! I love the design, both types of embossing, the stamping, and the die cuts! So creative! :^)
Hugs, Penny
BTW, Chana sent out an email regarding DS4J sponsorship & images, but she said she doesn't have your email address. Perhaps you could get in touch with her. :^)

Unknown said...

This card is amazing. I love how you embossed that heart. It looks really cool. I'm really loving the computer generated sentiment on the inside too...great touch.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, your heart pops like its metal, very pretty, Hugs, Lori m

Gail said...

Just loverly!

Victoria said...

Awsome job, Sheree!!